There are many herbal remedies that have a significant role in supporting your immune system, fighting viral infections and inflammatory cascade that are induced by viruses.
Supplements to take include:
- Vitamin C, Vitamin D
- Oregano Oil
- Herbs such as : Reishi mushrooms, Astragraphis, Echinacea, Tumeric, Rhodiola, Baical skullcap, Elderberry, Cordyseps, Japanese knotwood , licorice.
Other tips to improve your resistance and support recovery from colds and flus include:
- Rest – giving your immune system a chance to recover.
- Taking time out to get well – helping you to bounce back.
- Eat warm, nourishing foods – vegetable soup, bone broth which provide vitamins and minerals.
- Eat food such as – garlic, ginger, onion and chilli – help fight off illness and inflammation.
- Drink plenty of water – keep hydrated and flush out toxins.
- Reduce stress – conserving energy.
- Eliminate inflammatory foods – such as sugar, refined carbohydrates, dairy and wheat.
- Eat fresh fruit and vegetables – aim for at least two serves of fruit and three cups of vegetables, the antioxidants help build strong immunity.