Is This You, Or Someone You Know?
- Are you overweight, with a waist measurement of more than 80 cm if you are a woman, or more than 94 cm if you are a man?
- Do you have problems with your cholesterol – i.e. low levels of high-density lipoproteins (HDL) – the ‘good’ cholesterol?
- Do you have high blood fats – i.e. high triglycerides?
- Do you have high blood pressure?
- Do you have high blood sugar levels – i.e. diabetes or pre-diabetes?
If you answered ‘Yes’ to three or more of these questions, you may have Metabolic Syndrome (sometimes known as Syndrome X), and you need a health check today!
What Is Metabolic Syndrome?
Metabolic Syndrome is the name given to a collection of disorders that occur together and act as a warning sign that you are heading on a path towards serious chronic diseases such as diabetes and heart disease. The first sign of Metabolic Syndrome is excess fat around the middle. Even if your waist measurement is only just over 80 cm if you are a woman, or more than 94 cm if you are a man, you could be increasing your risk of some serious complications.
Early Warning Signs
As well as those discussed previously, other early warning signs that you might have Metabolic Syndrome include:
- Low energy
- Low libido
- Memory loss
- Sleep apnoea
- Skin tags
What Are The Causes Of Metabolic Syndrome?
For hundreds of thousands of years, humans have lived and thrived with a life of enforced physical activity, with a diet based around fresh lean protein, nuts, fruits and vegetables. Our bodies now struggle to maintain balance in the face of modern dietary and lifestyle challenges where there is a constant supply of calories, high sugar and high fat foods combined with a lack of daily exercise.
The causes of Metabolic Syndrome are all within your control and include things like:
- Sedentary lifestyle – i.e. lack of exercise
- High carbohydrate diet
- Poorly managed stress
- Genetic factors such as a family history of diabetes or heart disease
- Cigarette smoking
The Good News!
The good news is Linda can help you change the course of your health and wellbeing, to lead a happier and healthier life. Some simple recommendations include:
- Following a low carbohydrate eating plan that is high in lean protein and rich in healthy fats may improve fat burning, weight loss and help you achieve and maintain a lean body composition. Talk to Linda about the Ultra Lite and Shake – it Weight Loss Programs, which are both ketogenic diets. Both these programs will help you to initially lose fat, while you adapt to a new way of eating.
- Regular aerobic exercise will encourage weight loss, reduce cholesterol levels and reduce blood sugar levels.
- Stress management techniques, such as yoga and meditation are a great way to nurture your mind. Remember, poorly managed stress is one of the causes of Metabolic Syndrome!
- Along with a healthy lifestyle and diet, there are many nutritional and herbal supplements that we can recommend for you to help address the causes of Metabolic Syndrome.
If you, or someone you know, may have Metabolic Syndrome, contact Linda today for a health check-up. Learn about positive dietary and lifestyle changes you can make today to get you back on track and prevent a future of debilitating disease.
Take The First Step Towards A Healthy Future Today. Prevention Is The Best Medicine!
Other Services & Treatments
Call Today To Book Your Appointment
We are located at 352 St Georges Road, Thornbury VIC 3071, servicing Northcote, Preston and the surrounding Northern Suburbs.