Natural Fertility Melbourne
Linda Cotone at Melbourne Naturopathy specialises in naturopathic fertility treatment for all stages of conception from early planning right through to pregnancy.
Natural fertility naturopath planning will help to keep you, your partner, and your baby as healthy as possible, optimising your health and addressing issues before you become pregnant.
While pre-conception care is the ultimate form of preventative medicine, being prepared and ensuring you and your partner are in the best health possible can positively influence your child’s health and quality of life for years to come.
Some of the natural methods we use to aid in fertility and preconception care include: nutritional supplements, herbs, diet and lifestyle changes, cycle charting, and pathology testing.
Men have more than just a small part to play in the conception and the health of their baby and should also consider their need for preconception care. Development of healthy sperm is very important as it delivers half of the genetic materials to form the baby. The sperm also plays an important role in the successful fertilisation of the egg and the pregnancy outcome.
The main underlying causes of infertility in both females and males include:
- Hormone imbalance/poor egg quality
- Toxicity (environmental pollution)
- Genito-urinary tract infections
- Nutritional deficiencies
- Immune system problems
- Increase in age of first time parents
- Side effects of drugs and surgery
- Thyroid disease
Menstrual disorders and fertility
Despite being rarely discussed, menstruation occurs from puberty through to menopause, and plays a major part in women’s lives, and of course, in fertility. Irregular periods and menstrual disorders can impact the normal menstrual cycle in women, causing disruption to productivity and quality of life as well as compromising fertility.
While some of these issues can be the root cause of infertility, having irregular periods in general can make it more difficult to conceive. In some cases, these conditions aren’t the root cause of infertility and are, rather, a symptom of an underlying issue that is causing infertility.
Linda can provide treatment for a wide range of common menstrual disorders that can impact fertility, including:
- 1. Endometriosis
- 2. Polycystic Ovary Syndrome PCOS
- 3. Menopause
- 4. Dysmenorrhea
- 5. Amenorrhea
- 6. Menorrhagia
- 7. Fibroids
Why choose Melbourne Naturopathy?
Linda uses natural remedies and herbs to boost fertility by:
- 1. Correcting hormone imbalances and regulating the menstrual cycle
- 2. Improving the quantity and quality of cervical mucus
- 3. Stimulating ovulation
- 4. Treating the underlying related disorders
- 5. Enhancing follicular/egg development
- 6. Improving sperm health including count, morphology, and motility
- 7. Treating any underlying issues such as obesity, stress, immune system problems, thyroid issues, toxicity, genitourinary tract infections, nutritional deficiencies, etc.
Preconception care principles are also used in helping to prevent recurrent miscarriages, and in cases where IVF may be the only option, as couples will feel healthier and the chances for a sucessful outcome are enhanced through naturopathic fertility treatments.
- An integrated detoxification program
- Screening for heavy metal toxicity
- Checking for essential nutrients
- Eating healthy organic food as much as possible
- Drinking adequate filtered water
- Avoiding toxic chemicals and radiation
- Avoiding drugs, smoking, excess caffeine, and unnecessary medications
- Taking required supplements
- Treating any Genito-urinary tract infections/allergies/immune system problems
- Relaxation techniques (e.g. yoga/meditation)
Located in Thornbury and servicing Northcote, Preston, and the surrounding northern suburbs, Linda at Melbourne Naturopathy provides the highest standard of fertility and health and wellbeing treatments.
Disclaimer: The Testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee or prediction regarding the outcome of any consultation. The testimonials on this website represent the anecdotal experience of individual consumers. Individual experiences are not a substitute for scientific research.
After a miscarriage and 10months of trying to get pregnant, my husband and I started worrying and thinking the only option for us would be IVF if we were to have a successful chance of getting pregnant. My last bid before looking into IVF was to try some natural therapy, which my husband was skeptical of at the time, but I felt like it was something I needed to do.
met with Linda and she listened to my needs and came up with a tailored detox plan specifically designed to help me reach optimum health and achieving my goal of getting pregnant. After a few weeks of detoxing I noticed a significant difference in the way I felt, my energy levels were up and I felt really healthy, I actually remember saying to my husband one morning ‘I can’t believe how good I feel, I feel like my insides are smiling!!’Within 6 weeks of my initial visit to Linda I was pregnant, I couldn’t believe it! She was one of the first people we told our good news to and she immediately altered my detox plan so the baby was getting the right nutrients needed in the 1st trimester. I now have 9 weeks to go and we cannot wait to meet our beautiful healthy baby.
Thank you Linda, you truly have given us the greatest gift of all.