Natural Treatment for Fibroids
Fibroids, also known as uterine fibroids or leiomyomas, are benign abnormal growths found in or on the uterus. Fibroids, particularly when small, may be entirely asymptomatic and go unnoticed. Generally, symptoms are related to the location of the lesion and its size, with the most commonly associated symptoms being heavy or irregular periods.
There are three types of Fibroid groups, defined by their location. Subserosal fibroids grow outside the uterus, while the most common kind: intramural fibroids, grow within the wall of the uterus and the least common, submucosal, grow just beneath the inner lining of the uterus.
Fibroids predominantly occur in women in their 30s and 40’s and approximately two-thirds of Australian women are affected by fibroids at some point in their lives.
SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF FIBROIDS:
- Abnormal gynaecological haemorrhage
- During pregnancy, fibroids may cause miscarriage, bleeding, premature labour, etc.
- The sensation of fullness or pressure in lower abdomen
- Pelvic cramping or pain with periods
- Headaches & migraines
- Abdominal fullness
- Increase in urinary frequency
- Heavy menstrual bleeding (menorrhagia), sometimes with the passage of blood clots
Possible Causes Of Fibroids
- 1. Obesity and metabolic syndrome
- 2. Immune system problems
- 3. Genetics
- 4. Excess consumption of red meat
- 5. Pregnancy
- 6. Increased oestrogen: progesterone ratio
- 7. Certain environmental toxins that alter the action of oestrogen and can increase the risk of uterine fibroids
How Can Melbourne Naturopathy Treat Fibroids Naturally?
At Melbourne Naturopathy, Linda uses natural treatments to provide symptomatic relief from the symptoms of fibroids through the use of herbal medicines, nutritional supplements, dietary and lifestyle changes.
After obtaining a detailed case history from you, Linda works with you to balance hormones by increasing oestrogen clearance and regulate progesterone to decrease the fibroid growth. Depending on your individual situation, Linda will help to decrease inflammation, pelvic congestion and associated pain while also addressing iron deficiency if it occurs as a result of blood loss.
If there are digestive issues, gut-derived inflammation or suspected environmental toxicity, Linda can address problems with digestion and implement a detox program to aid you in recovery and health.