Natural Fertility Melbourne; Planning & Pre-conception care
These terms refer to optimising your health and addressing health issues before you become pregnant. Natural fertility planning will help to keep you, your partner and your baby as healthy as possible. While Pre-conception care is the ultimate form of preventative medicine, being prepared and ensuring you and your partner are in the best health possible can positively influence your child’s health and quality of life for years to come.
Some of the methods we use include: nutritional supplements, herbs, diet and lifestyle changes, cycle charting, and pathology testing.
Men have more than just a small part to play in the conception and the health of their baby, and should also be targets for preconception care. Development of healthy sperm is very important as it delivers half of the genetic materials to form the baby. The sperm also plays an important role in the successful fertilisation of the egg and the pregnancy outcome.
Why choose Linda at Melbourne Naturopathy to help you try and conceive?
Linda will use natural remedies and herbs to try and boost your fertility by:
- Correcting hormone imbalances and regulating the menstrual cycle
- Improving the quantity and quality of cervical mucus
- Stimulating ovulation
- Treating the underlying related disorders
- Enhancing follicular / egg development
- Improving sperm health including count, morphology and motility
- Treating any underlying issues such as obesity, stress, immune system problems, thyroid issues, toxicity, genito Urinary tract infections, nutritional deficiencies etc.
Preconception care principles are also used in helping to prevent recurrent miscarriages and in cases where IVF may be the only option, as both couples will still feel healthier and chances for a successful outcome are enhanced.
Some of the steps involved in preconception care includes:
- An integrated detoxification program
- Screening for heavy metal toxicity
- Checking for essential nutrients
- Eating healthy organic food as much as possible
- Drinking adequate filtered water
- Avoiding toxic chemicals and radiation
- Avoiding drugs, smoking, excess caffeine and unnecessary medications
- Taking required supplements
- Treating any genito- urinary tract infections/ allergies/ immune system problems
- Relaxation techniques,eg. yoga/ meditation
The main underlying causes of infertility in both females and males include:
- Hormone Imbalance / Poor egg quality
- Toxicity ( Enviromental pollution )
- Genito-urinary tract infections
- Nutritional deficiencies
- Immune system problems
- Increase in age of first time parents
- Side affects of drugs & surgery
- Thyroid disease
Contact Linda today to assist you with natural fertility and achieving your goals.