Natural Fertility Melbourne
Linda Cotone at Melbourne Naturopathy specialises in naturopathic fertility treatment for all stages of conception from early planning right through to pregnancy.
Natural fertility naturopath planning will help to keep you, your partner, and your baby as healthy as possible, optimising your health and addressing issues before you become pregnant.
While pre-conception care is the ultimate form of preventative medicine, being prepared and ensuring you and your partner are in the best health possible can positively influence your child’s health and quality of life for years to come.
Some of the natural methods we use to aid in fertility and preconception care include: nutritional supplements, herbs, diet and lifestyle changes, cycle charting, and pathology testing.
Men have more than just a small part to play in the conception and the health of their baby and should also consider their need for preconception care. Development of healthy sperm is very important as it delivers half of the genetic materials to form the baby. The sperm also plays an important role in the successful fertilisation of the egg and the pregnancy outcome.
The main underlying causes of infertility in both females and males include:
- Hormone imbalance/poor egg quality
- Toxicity (environmental pollution)
- Genito-urinary tract infections
- Nutritional deficiencies
- Immune system problems
- Increase in age of first time parents
- Side effects of drugs and surgery
- Thyroid disease
Why choose Melbourne Naturopathy?
Linda uses natural remedies and herbs to boost fertility by:
- Correcting hormone imbalances and regulating the menstrual cycle
- Improving the quantity and quality of cervical mucus
- Stimulating ovulation
- Treating the underlying related disorders
- Enhancing follicular/egg development
- Improving sperm health including count, morphology, and motility
- Treating any underlying issues such as obesity, stress, immune system problems, thyroid issues, toxicity, genitourinary tract infections, nutritional deficiencies, etc.
Preconception care principles are also used in helping to prevent recurrent miscarriages. In cases where IVF may be the only option, as couples will feel healthier and the chances for a successful outcome are enhanced through naturopathic fertility treatments.
- An integrated detoxification program
- Screening for heavy metal toxicity
- Checking for essential nutrients
- Eating healthy organic food as much as possible
- Drinking adequate filtered water
- Avoiding toxic chemicals and radiation
- Avoiding drugs, smoking, excess caffeine, and unnecessary medications
- Taking required supplements
- Treating any Genito-urinary tract infections/allergies/immune system problems
- Relaxation techniques (e.g. yoga/meditation)
An Located in Thornbury and servicing Northcote, Preston, and the surrounding northern suburbs, Melbourne Naturopathy offers health rebates for extras private health insurance. Medibank Private Members Choice Naturopath and Remedial Massage Therapist, special rates and higher rebates for Medibank members apply.