If you are experiencing one or more of these symptoms on a regular basis, you may be magnesium deficient.
- Muscle cramps and spasms
- Muscle tension
- Stress, nervousness and/or anxiety
- Fatigue and low energy
- Loss of appetite
- An irregular heartbeat
Magnesium is required for more than 300 biochemical reactions in the body. Magnesium is also required for:
- Maintaining healthy blood sugar levels, promoting normal blood pressure
- Break down protein, carbohydrate and fat to make energy.
- Help keep your bones strong.
- Enhancing muscle relaxation and relieving muscle cramps and spasms.
- Helping you cope with stress better.
Magnesium is found in a wide range of foods, especially green vegetables, grains, nuts, legumes and chocolate. However, the bad news is that it can be difficult to get an adequate supply of magnesium from your diet.