Every winter when you get sick, you tell yourself to be more prepared next year. As soon as someone sneezes at work, school, or home, you find yourself with yet another cold or flu.
Arm yourself and your family with the tools to build strong immune defences to reduce your risk of getting sick. If you do get sick, a strong immune system will also reduce the severity of your cold and flu symptoms, and help to speed your recovery.
There are many Natural Medicines that are beneficial in preventing, treating and shortening the duration of colds and flus. These agents can boost your immune system as well as provide the necessary tools to help you fight against infection.
Look out for these immune boosters:
• Zinc: Optimal levels of zinc in the body have been found to inhibit the common cold and influenza viruses.
• Vitamin C: Vitamin C supports healthy immune function by enhancing the activity of your immune defence army of white blood cells; also reducing severity and duration of symptoms.
• Probiotics: These friendly bacteria live in your digestive system and enhance health, and even immunity. By providing healthy gut immunity, you are providing the best defence against inhaled and ingested pathogens.
• Andrographis: This powerful herb stimulates the body’s natural immune response and significantly reduces the duration of colds.
Incorporate these handy tips into your life to improve your resistance and support recovery from colds and flus:
• Rest! Give your body a chance to gather strength and make sure you get a good night’s sleep.
• Eat warm, nourishing foods. Homemade chicken and vegetable soup can help break down mucus that often comes with colds and flus. Broth alone will provide minerals and vitamins to give you strength.
• Eat foods such as garlic, ginger, onion and chilli to help fight off illness, warm you up and reduce inflammation.
• Drink plenty of water to keep yourself well hydrated.
Make sure you are prepared this cold and flu season – and remember, prevention is better than cure!