There are many natural solutions to help you defend against colds and flu such as:
• Boosting your Immune system.
A strong immune system will reduce the severity of your cold and flu symptoms, and help to speed your recovery.
• Lifestyle and Diet are essential.
• Rest! Give your body a chance to gather strength and get a good night’s sleep.
• Eat warm, nourishing foods, fresh fruit and vegetable, lean protein. Homemade chicken and vegetable soup
can help break down mucus that often comes with colds and flus. If you don’t have an appetite, the broth alone
will provide minerals and vitamins to give you strength.
• Eat foods such as garlic, ginger, onion and chilli to help fight off illness, warm you up and reduce
• Drink plenty of water to keep yourself well hydrated.
• Avoid sugars, white flour (bread, pasta, biscuits, cakes etc.) and excess alcohol.
• Exercise regularly.
• You may want to include zinc, vitamin C, strain specific probiotics and andrographis.
• Be Prepared.
Make sure you are prepared this cold and flu season and remember, prevention is better than cure!