Last year, more than 17 million Australians were categorised as overweight or obese
- Over four million Australians are in fact obese (BMI > 30.0 kg/m2 )
- In 2020 and based on current trends
- 80% of Australian adults and a third of Australian children will be overweight or obese (in 2007/2008. 61.4% of adult Australians and nearly a quarter of children aged 5-17 were either overweight or obese)
- Young adults reaching the age of 20 will have a shorter life expectancy than previous generations
- The obesity prevalence in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders is nearly twice as high that in non-indigenous Australians
- Childhood obesity is a direct cause type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, asthma, hypertension and sleep apnea in children
- About one quarter of the total burden of disease and nearly two-thirds of all deaths in Australia are due to cardiovascular disease (CVD), diabetes and chronic kidney disease (CKD)
Based on these figures, obesity has become the single biggest threat to public health in Australia.
So if you are looking at losing weight why don’t you book in for an appointment today. I can offer you advice to lose weight using one of the very successful Weigh loss programs in my clinic. These include: HCG DIET, ULTRALITE and SHAKE IT. Information about these programs are on my website. Or if you are not comfortable with doing a set weight loss program, you may just want some advice on basic diet and lifestyle changes.
What have you got to lose except WEIGHT!