At school and childcare, children are exposed to a host of bacteria and viruses and are often susceptible to infections. The start of the school year is the perfect time to boost your child’s immunity, so that they stay strong and healthy throughout the year and don’t fall victim to frequent infections.
To support their immune system, these diet and lifestyle tips may help:
• Ensure your child eats plenty of vegetables and fruit every day
• Ensure your child eats protein-rich foods in each meal or snack
• Ensure your child drinks plenty of water daily
• Include a good quality probiotic daily
• Reduce sugary foods and sweets, as these can suppress optimal immune function
• Avoid or severely limit processed foods, additives and artificial flavours
• Ensure your child has adequate sleep and rest
• Encourage regular exercise
For further information or to make an appointment to discuss the best remedies to boost your child’s immunity and keep them healthy, contact Melbourne Naturopathy today on (03) 9484 4668 or [email protected]
Help your kids thrive and do their best at school and play!