At school and childcare, kids are exposed to a host of bacteria and viruses and are often susceptible to infections. The start of the school year is the perfect time to boost your child’s immunity, so that they stay strong and healthy throughout the year and don’t fall victim to frequent infections. A sick child can quickly spread their germs around the family, requiring time off school and having a big impact on family life. Healthy immunity in children sets the stage for good health well into adult life!
70% of our immune system lives in and around the gastrointestinal tract; therefore having high levels of good bacteria in the digestive system is essential for building a strong immune system in growing children.
The beneficial balance of ‘good bugs’ in the gut is easily upset by many factors, including antibiotics, high sugar diets and stress. This can lead to an increased risk of colds and ‘flus for your kids. Probiotics are beneficial bacteria that you can give your kids as a supplement to aid in the development and maintenance of healthy digestive and immune function.
As well as probiotics, these Natural Medicines may also help boost your child’s immunity.
• Vitamin C
Simple Steps to Strong Immunity
To support their immune system, these diet and lifestyle tips may help:
• Ensure your child eats plenty of vegetables and fruit every day
• Ensure your child eats protein-rich foods in each meal or snack
• Ensure your child drinks plenty of water daily
• Reduce sugary foods and sweets, as these can suppress optimal immune function
• Avoid or severely limit processed foods, additives and artificial flavours
• Ensure your child has adequate sleep and rest
• Encourage regular exercise
Kids Health | Back to School
Healthy kids are happier and behave better, need less time off school and cause less disruption to the smooth running of family life.
Help your kids thrive and do their best at school and play!