Stressed Out and Overworked?
No-one is a stranger to stress. A little stress is healthy; it challenges you and makes you stronger. The body’s stress response is designed to help you survive stressful situations. However stresses are not always easy to resolve and that your stress response is constantly activated. Stress without adequate recovery can substantially affect your energy levels and is known to be an underlying factor behind many conditions, with severe fatigue being one of the most debilitating.
Lifestyle Tips to Stay Ahead of Stress
The following lifestyle tips can help you deal with stress and recharge your batteries:
• Exercise: Being active supports energy production and releases feel-good endorphins and improves your overall health and wellbeing.
• Meditation/mindfulness: This practice helps calm an overactive mind and assists you in finding peace.
• Nature: Spending time in nature allows you to relax and has the benefits green plants and natural foliage can provide – improved mood and an increased sense of calm.
• Stay social: Interacting with family, friends, work colleagues and sports buddies builds quality relationships. Socialising is not only fun; it may also increase your resilience to stress.
• Natural herbs: Herbs known as adaptogens may improve your ability to adapt to stress, building resilience and energy levels.
For further information on how Linda Cotone may assist you in managing your stress, increasing energy and overall wellbeing contact Melbourne Naturopathy on (03) 9484 4668.