Symptoms of allergies include sneezing, sinus congestion, itchy eyes, persistent cough, wheezing, asthma, headaches, and skin disorders such as eczema. Allergies are not something you have to simply put up with! It is possible to manage them naturally.
As well as treating the symptoms of allergies, the underlying causes such as immune imbalances and nutritional deficiencies need to be addressed in order to give long term relief. Common causes of allergies include reacting to certain foods, food additives, pesticides, grasses, pollens, dust mites, and chemicals in personal and cleaning products.
Pharmaceutical medications may help to reduce symptoms, but do not address the underlying cause. The following herbs and nutrients may help to manage symptoms of allergies naturally, as well as rebalancing your immune function.
- Herbs such as albizia, baical skullcap, eyebright, perilla
- Vitamin C
- Natural sinus spray made from essential oils such as eucalyptus, peppermint, lavender and thyme
Common food allergies include gluten, wheat, dairy, soy, eggs, and corn. If your food allergies flare up after eating any of these foods, you may benefit from an elimination diet.
HOW TO MANAGE YOUR ALLERGY SYMPTOMS
- Consider natural supplements
- Avoid any foods that are known allergens
- Increase fruit and vegetables, especially those bright in colours, such as berries and capsicum, as they contain high levels of antioxidants and nutrients
- Avoid processed and refined foods that may contain preservatives and additives
- Drink at least 2 litres of filtered water per day to keep the body hydrated.
So if you are suffering from allergies or know someone who does, why don’t you make an appointment with me today to find out what treatment is best for you.